Department of Computer Science and Engineering is started in the year 2009. It is offering B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering with an annual intake of 120. The Department is also offering M.Tech course
The Department focuses on preparing the students for wide range of IT careers equipping them with unique enriching experience of molding tomorrow's technocrats with high caliber and commitment. The department has excellent faculty having years of experience in academics & Industry.
The Department provides extensive computing resources for research and education. This includes more than 200 high-performance computers.
The CSE Department effectively prepares students to pursue leadership, technical, and management positions in a variety of industries. Students have obtained successful placements at leading companies like IBM,
Computer Science and Engineering department is equipped with a library apart from the Central Library of the Institution. Department Library comprise of a substantial No. of Volumes, Magazines and Reference Books for ready reference to its Staff and Students. Rich collection of books on recent technologies makes the student improve his technical skills.
Vision & Mission
“To be a centre of excellence in Computer Science and Engineering and take up challenge for the benefit of society.”
- Impart professional education through best curriculum in harmony with the industry needs
- Inculcate ethics, research capabilities and team work in the young minds so as to put efforts to the advancement of the nation.
- Strive for student achievement and success with leadership qualities and preparing them for continuous learning in the global environment
- PEO-1: The graduates of the program will excel in the fundamental concepts of basic engineering and advanced concepts of computer science engineering
- PEO-2: The graduates of the program will be professional in computing industry or pursuing higher studies.
- PEO -3: The graduates of the program will excel in team work, ethics, and communication skills and contribute to the benefit to the society.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POS):
- PO - a: An ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- PO - b: An ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements to its solution.
- PO - c: An ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component or program.
- PO - d: An ability to function effectively as an individual and as a member in a team.
- PO - e: To understand professional ethics and social concerns.
- PO - f: A knowledge of contemporary issues for developing and managing projects economically.
- PO - g: An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- PO - h: An ability for life-long learning in the context of technological changes.
- PO - i: An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- PO - j: An ability to design, develop principles and construction of software/hardware systems of varying complexities.
- PO - k: A Knowledge to solve problems on economic, environmental concerns in societal context.
Computer Society of India(CSI) Chapter has been established in Department of CSE.The main objective of this chapter is to impart technical knowledge in students by conducting various workshops, seminars and guest lecturers.